MS DHONI HAS GIVEN ME TWO-THREE TIPS.": SHIVAM DUBE TELLS THE SECRET BEHIND HIS TURNAROUND .

 

shivam dube 


 Shivam Dube made a dramatic comeback for the Indian team, scoring a strong 60 not out off 40 balls in the opening T20I against Afghanistan. He attributed the good transformation in his mindset and approach to the legendary MS Dhoni, whose influence was crucial in Dube's cricketing career.

Dube's dramatic half-century helped India win comfortably by six wickets on Thursday, earning him the well-deserved Player of the Match title.

"When I got to bat, I wanted to put what I had learned from MS Dhoni about game-winning strategies into practice. I keep conversing with Mahi bhai. He tells me how to handle certain circumstances. He has given me two-three tips and rated my batting.

"So I think if he likes my batting, I'll keep playing well. "That boosted my confidence," Dube told 'JIO Cinema'.

Dube previously represented India at the Asian Games in Hangzhou last year.

The Mumbai cricketer was included to India's T20I squad for the home series against Australia but did not play and was not selected for the away series against South Africa.

 


Dube also saw similarities to Dhoni in the way Rohit Sharma led the team and gave him space to flourish.

"Both allow me to bat higher up the order. There's a lot of work to be done, but I know they'll support me and want me to succeed. So that makes me feel a lot better," he explained.

 

Dube also took the crucial wicket of Afghan captain Ibrahim Zadran (25 off 22 balls), and the pacer admitted he has been focusing on his bowling.

 

"The changes have not occurred suddenly. In the off-season, I worked hard on my fitness. After that, I bowled a lot in domestic cricket, so things kept getting better.

 

"I was able to find the right areas and also generate a decent pace," he said

 

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.