VIJAY SETHUPATHI CLAIMS HE WAS BODY-SHAMED IN THE BOLLYWOOD AND TAMIL INDUSTRIES AND FEELS 'GUILTY' ATTENDING FUNCTIONS. I WEAR CHAPPALS.



Actor Vijay Sethupathi discusses his experience with body shaming, feeling self-conscious about wearing 'chappals' to events, and continuously seeking approval from his followers.

It may be January, but actor Vijay Sethupathi wishes you a Merry Christmas. The actor, who is undoubtedly the new darling of Hindi movie audiences, is looking forward to the release of Sriram Raghavan's film opposite Katrina Kaif and is relishing the attention. After Jawan and Farzi, and with a lengthy history in South films, Vijay is the go-to guy for powerful author-backed roles, but he admits he is still adjusting to everything else that comes with working in films.

Vijay has been praised for breaking the set template of how a Hindi film actor looks with his real and relatable appearance. He confessed that the newfound love he's receiving for the way he looks acts as a "energy drink" for him, but he remembers the time he was body-shamed for it. He also opens up about how he's very conscious of what he's wearing, because he has a habit of showing up in "chappals" at functions, get-togethers, and meetings.

He smiles as he recalls his fan base and says, "Main aisa hi tha, body shaming bohot kiya tha mujhe (I have received a lot of body-shaming for the way I appear). They also did it. It happened, but the good news is that others accept you for who you are. Today, wherever I go, I am accepted; this is a blessing. My audience has made me delighted to be myself. "I didn't expect this."

Vijay adds that now that he has progressively developed his filmography in Bollywood, he is getting recognized more, and the love he receives from his fans is confirmation that he is headed in the "right direction." He says, "I believe that fans are fans, and their love is genuine." Receiving fan affection is similar to drinking energy drinks. When others love you, it offers you optimism that your effort has been received, comprehended, and appreciated. That is what I understood from the fan clubs. "That always gives me energy."



"When I first started going to Mumbai for Mumbaikar and Gandhi Talks, only a few people knew me. Many people now know who I am and approach me to discuss the films and my parts, which makes me extremely happy. At the end of the day, we make films for the audience, and as actors, we want to be loved by them. Once we grasp it, it's like, "Okay, apna raasta toh sahi tarike se chal raha hai (I'm on the right track)," he continued.

While Vijay is praised for his acting abilities, there is always a lot of discussion on the internet regarding how he dresses up in plain casuals and "chappals" at events and high-end Bollywood parties. The actor admits that it affects him, and he becomes more careful of his plain dress choices.

"I am sometimes cautious of my costumes since I believe in wearing what makes me feel comfortable. People often accuse me of bragging, and occasionally of being overly simplistic. How is wearing slippers equivalent to bringing anything simple? However, I am also aware of this at times. When I attend functions, I notice how beautifully others are dressed, and it makes me very conscious. So I try to avoid social gatherings and meetings whenever possible; otherwise, I am at ease," he explains.

Vijay claims he is taking his Bollywood profession one film at a time. "I do not have any plans. It's only that whatever movie I do should make money, and only producers will come. If you only want to make good tales and no producers show up, it's pointless. So, I am very aware that whatever stories or films I create must be successful and reach an audience. What does "hit" mean? The majority of the audience should see the film. I'm only particular about that; else, if I enjoy the narrative, I'll do it."



Vijay discusses how he made his way into the Hindi film industry and into the hearts of the Hindi-speaking audience, revealing that he never expected to work in Bollywood. He says, "It's not like that." I'm not the type of person who makes plans and sticks to them; I feel that when you're open, people can surprise you. When I met Sriram Raghavan for Merry Christmas, I had no idea that I would be doing this and working with Katrina Kaif. Mumbaikar is a remake, but Farzi did not anticipate to work with Raj and DK. I had a really nice time working with. "When we plan something, we have specific expectations.Expect only one, and if you are open, you will be astonished. That is what I enjoy about this industry and art; you never know who will surprise you. If you look at any of my Tamil films, such as Super Deluxe, 96, or Vikram Vedha, you will notice that I had no idea I would be acting in such films; it simply occurred. I don't believe I should have expectations; the only thing I do have is that whatever story I tell should delight the audience and impress them," Vijay said.

 

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.